Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, March 21, 2011

Nursery Necessities

As I was preparing for my first child, I was like most parents, I am sure.  I researched EVERYTHING that I bought, I even used the Consumer Reports book to do it!   AND I did get the best, most researched, mattress, organic, of course.  I got the least smelly diaper pail for my cloth diapers.  I got the best clothe diaper covers.  The highest rated car seat.  You name it, it was researched!

This time around, I am just trying to save a few bucks and get a couple of Bargains.  (Oh, and I read that book the first time around, since I was pinching pennies then too!)

My mission, as I discovered at my 20 week appointment was to change everything that I already own, and hardly used the first time around, from PINK to BLUE!  Oh no! 

Not, oh no, we are having a boy, but oh no, we ONLY own girl colors!  Her crib was lavender, and not a single item of clothing was gender neutral. 

'What do I do???!'  I though.  Along came etsy, one of my favorite websites before this ah-ha moment! 



Did I also mention that I had about 100 yards of baby girl fabric?  It was all so very cute, but oh so very GIRLY.   I contacted several people on etsy and made some trades, my fabric for their crafts!!   I got a car seat cover, boppy covers, and burp covers!  Not only were they original, but they were CUTE.  I love to

I love to support individual artists, as well as creative moms!  I was able to complete my nursery with just a few extra dollars and I feel great about the purchases.
http://www.sweetpotatopieonline.com/

The greatest quantity of my "stuff" has been the clothes. Those have been taken care of, as well.  I took them to my local baby consignment store and have been earning a nice little bit of store credit so that I can purchase Baby Boy some new clothes.   (Along with my other interests, I LOVE consignment stores!) 

2 comments:

  1. Ditto ... I have only bought Rylan probably one "new" outfit. We didn't receive much clothing as gifts before he was born because we didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl. Since we have received gifts but all the clothes I buy him are from three places: yard sales, thrift stores, and sometimes the used baby store. I just can't pay full price for kids clothes - makes me sick!! In fact I only go to the thrift store on the 1/2 price day!! I buy up to two sizes (or so) bigger so that I have plenty when he grows out of one size and into the next.

    Kali, as I read more of your blog entries I realize how much more we have in common! :-)

    ~Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. : ) Well we have that commonality of being really cool CAVA teachers!

    Your stuff that you sew are SO cute, I would be happy to share them with my fav store! My favorite local consignment store also sells homemade boutique stuff if you ever want to pass them on to me to bring down there! : )

    ReplyDelete