Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, March 19, 2011

35 weeks- 3 to 5 more to go!

As my belly continues to grow and shape, I am starting to feel as though that baby will come any minute!  Luckily we finally have the crib all set-up, the baby's room is basically as ready as can be.  Maybe I should start packing my bags, and brushing up on my birthing techniques. 

This time around we are shooting for a VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section) and my doc and nurse-midwife are very much in favor of it. 

Some of my favorite times with Daisy, my 3 year old, when she was a newborn was the close times that we spent together, nursing and snuggled up to me in a wrap or Ergo. The process of  "wearing" your baby goes along the same concept that the marsupials in the animal kingdom, (think kangaroos) follow.   Your little one has spent the past 9 months warm, snugly and cozy inside of your belly, why should that change absurdly?

Read a book on attachment parenting, and you too will be sold on the concept!   I also liked to brag that I would take a baby on a walk and nurse, concurrently, doubling my calories.   Search Amazon.com for attachment parenting

For new parents, this may all seem SO overwhelming to you, at this point.  When I was pregnant with Daisy, I was recommended "The Happiest Baby on the Block" and I knew that I was now ready to be a parent!

While I read the book, (I AM a reader!), my hubby watched the DVD, both give the same advice, though the book offers more details and insight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment